[Kde-pim] kmail soc branch

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Mon Sep 15 09:17:13 BST 2008

On Monday 15 September 2008 00:54:41 Szymon Stefanek wrote:
> On Sunday 14 September 2008, Thomas McGuire wrote:
> > Still, I want the old KMail behavior back that the last selected message
> > in a folder is remembered, even after a restart. I think we talked about
> > this on IRC already.
>
> Yep. The current svn remebers the last selected message... as long as you
> let it load without touching it. If you select a message while the view
> is loading it will abort the pre-selection since it's probably unintended
> then.

Nice, nice, nice! Would it take a lot of work to scroll the view in a way that
the selected message is in the middle or at the top of the list, if one
returns to the folder? The bottom is the last place the user looks at.

Another thing I noticed and tried over the weekend. By default the fancy style
puts sender and date into the first line and the subject into the second. For
me it was hard to group those to one message. So I changed the style to have
the most important bit, the subject in the first line (bold text, including
stati icons) and the less important bits, i.e. sender and date (normal black
text) in the second. For my brain this works a lot better than the default,
i.e. the grouping of the lines I see is obvious, whereas before I had to
"think", even in thread-mode.

Sven