[Kde-pim] Bug triage on 28/09

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Wed Sep 17 12:48:05 BST 2008

On Wednesday 17 September 2008, Brad Hards wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 September 2008 08:12:12 pm Michael Leupold wrote:
> > Yeah, I'm trying to make it work right now. Unfortunately compiling
> > OpenChange took me longer than expected. Is the only reason you need to
> > install an extra samba4 the patches which aren't upstream yet?
> I don't understand this question. Can you try to rephrase it?

Sorry about being unclear. If I understood correctly I need to checkout
OpenChange/libmapi from svn. To build it I had to run script/installsamba4.sh.
I basically did this because I didn't know how to tell the configure script to
use my already-installed samba4. Then on running the script I saw that it was
applying patches to samba4 - looking back at installsamba4.sh I see it only
does a simple string replacement. I haven't yet tried to go back and use my
debian-provided samba4-dev package. Should that be possible?

> > I also had to modify some parts of OpenChange because it didn't compile
> > due to changes in exchange.idl (removal/rename of FlagList) and due to it
> > redefining RecurrencePattern. I'll have to see if I can get it to compile
> > now.
> I'll try to take a look this weekend.

I finally got it to compile :) I attached the patch so you'll know what to
look at right away. That said I'm not quite sure if renaming RecurrencePattern
to MyRecurrencePattern was a good idea. :)

To get it to run I had to manually create the ~/.openchange directory -
without it it crashed. Unfortunately - while it does run - it doesn't quite
work for me. I was able to get the list of folders and can use the resource in
korganizer. But entries don't seem to be synced back and forth for me (changes
I make in korganizer don't pop up in owa and vice versa).

Regards,
Michael