[Kde-pim] Kmail 1.9.9 problem Open SuSE 11.0

Gaffer. derrick_s at tesco.net
Thu Nov 20 23:05:52 GMT 2008

Hi Guys

Open SuSE 11.00.  KDE 3.5 Desktop.  Kmail 1.9.9.

I have a client that is unable to send Email if it is over about 10K
in size.  They originally reported that they couldn't send mail with
an attachment.  In this instance JPG images.

I have not been able to find any reason why Email, with or without an
attachment but over about 10K in size fails to get sent or possibly
rejected by the SMTP server.

I say rejected because if I copy the mail onto a USB stick and
transfer it to another machine running Open SuSE 10.3 it gets sent
just fine.  Note via a different ISP.  The clients account and ISP is
locked to his phone number.

I have a copy of the headers from a failed send in case you need any
information from it.

Thankyou for your help.

--
Best Regards: