[Kde-pim] A new class of "Personal Information Manager"

Janne Ojaniemi janne.ojaniemi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 18:54:54 GMT 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/11/28 Janne Ojaniemi <janne.ojaniemi at gmail.com>:
> > Am I making any sense here, or am I talking crazy? If you feel that the
> > scope of this post doesn't really belong here (although it is about
> "PIM"),
> > let me know :).
>
> You are making very little sense. You have a lot of great ideas, but
> you are in the wrong place to express them.
>
> In this forum, we discuss KDE-PIM, including it's features, bugs, and
> new feature ideas. You seem to have lots of new feature ideas, in
> fact, enough to make a new application (as you state). Therefore, this
> is not the place.

This is a list to discussing things related to personal information
management, correct? Well, my suggestion IS about personal information and
managing it. Maybe "PIM" should include other "personal information" than
just email and calendar?

> You also might want to join the official Zim mailing list (from
> Launchpad.net). Some of your ideas seem relevant to Zim. But state
> each one separately and be very specific and clear.

Zim is a GTK+-app. The chances of it taking advantage of Akonadi and/or
Nepomuk are between "slim" and "nonexistent".