[Kde-pim] Pilot device is not read-write

Bertjan Broeksema b.broeksema at kdemail.net
Mon May 12 08:19:04 BST 2008

You should check if you have read/write access to the file you configured as
the device file in kpilot. For example if you have /dev/pilot as you device
do a "ls -la /dev/pilot" to see to which group it belongs and what the file
rights are.

Also make sure that you have the right device configured. If you press the
hotsync button and you get a /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/ttyUSB1 device you should
use /dev/ttyUSB0. (Still make sure that you have rights to access that file
as normal user).

Bertjan