[Kde-pim] KDEPIM 4.1beta1 Feedback

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Fri May 30 15:24:29 BST 2008

On Friday 30 May 2008 03:42:53 pm Allen Winter wrote:
> "The new Kontact is nice. I have been using it heavily with
> disconnected IMAP and it has been working very well, actually even
> better than 3.5.x in terms of speed. The only regression I can
> notice is that it does not seem to fetch the passwords from KWallet
> when sending messages, but for receiving messages, it works fine. I
> have not looked at the rest of the PIM applications."

Let me add a few words of encouragement as well. I mostly use plain KMail in a
Solaris environment. KMail crashes only every few hours. I'll start worrying
about the backtraces at some point. There does seem to be a lot of QObject
deletion while in the event loop, and KMail spits out a fair number of
warnings about that while running. Also KWallet is sometimes -- but not
always -- passed a bad window pointer from KMail and doesn't display.

These are fairly minor, given the otherwise unattractive choice between kmail
or nothing on Solaris.

[ade]

PS. Marc, I have located a copy of the C++ standard here at the uni to try to
sort out the overloading issues we had earlier.

--
Adriaan de Groot, KDE quality team, KDE4-Solaris
  http://solaris.kde.org/