[Kde-pim] [patch] fix improper seperator in ACL lists

Carsten Wolff wolff at kde.org
Tue May 6 20:29:52 BST 2008

(please reply to all, I'm not subscribed)

Hi!

At the Debian groupware meeting last month, Wilfried from citadel.org
mentioned to me the fact, that Citadel would work well as a Kolab1 server for
Kontact, if it wasn't for messed up ACL-lists in KMail when userids with
spaces in them are involved. Attached is a patch for KDEPIM3.5.9 to fix that.

Whoever wrote the ACL-Code in kio_imap4, wrote in his code-comment, that he
thought spaces weren't allowed in userids and so he used it as a seperator.
It seems to me though, that Citadel is right to allow spaces in userids,
because I can't find anything against that in rfc3501.txt.

The RFC states double-quotes are a forbidden character though, so I used it in
my patch instead.

I'm not sure to commit though, because I don't know if any app besides KMail
uses kio_imap4 and I don't want to break any such program. What do you think?
Is it safe to commit?

Greetings,
Carsten
--