[Kde-pim] Branches, merges etc.

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Thu Jan 10 19:26:20 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Wednesday 09 January 2008, Till Adam wrote:

> - merge everything that went into 3.5 into enterprise branch, then fold
> enterprise branch into 3.5 branch for an eventual 3.5.++current release
> (Pradeepto, atm)

as I thought 3.5.x is in feature freeze, I did not dare to offer a patch ...
But:
I have used kmail for some time now from the enterprise branch (which is what
openSuse 10.2 delivers) and I have seen that the folder-tree got a new
feature where one can add "favourite" folders in the top area.
Where the idea seems nice in the first place, I have learned that it is rather
useless if you have a large number of folders to deal with.

I'm using my desktop for work and have a lot of folders (~ 200). The mails I
deal with belong into different folders (e.g. one folder per customer). So
there is no "favourite" I could add, but instead I often need a way to
quickly find the folder I'm looking for.

Therefore, I added the feature you'll find in the attached patch:
It adds a filter-field at the top of the tree as is available in a lot of
other places in KDE, too.
And I can tell, this is much more convenient to use than some "favourites".

What do you think about it ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail