[Kde-pim] Branches, merges etc.

Till Adam till at kdab.net
Wed Jan 9 19:39:37 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 09 January 2008 18:01:53 Tom Albers wrote:
> Op Wednesday 9 January 2008 14:20 schreef u:
> > Forza!
>
> It's a very impressive list.
>
> Glad that you all can work on all these important issues. It's very
> important for KDE and kdepim/kontact in particular. I'm also thankful we
> can benefit from the work and that you are not working in a
> private/separate svn/git-resource/branch/fork!

We prefer it that way as well, of course, since we are KDE people, even if
it's our job now, and luckily our customers have realized that it is also in
their best interest to be part of the mainline KDE development as much as
possible, and to make sure that everything ends up upstream. That they
understand this now and are willing to invest in maintenance, stability and
refactoring, not just new features, is largely due to the dilligent and
persistant explanations and guidance of our partners in the Kolab Konsortium
at Intevation (http://www.intevation.de/index_en.html).

They (and more specifically Bernhard Reiter, both as managing director of
Intevation and as Germany coordinator for the FSFE (http://www.fsfeurope.org)
are doing our community a great service by educating commercial and public
administration entities on how to be good Free Software and KDE citicens.
There's more to it than throwing money around, and it's not something that is
easy to get large organisatiaons to learn.

So folks, in case you were looking for a way to contribute financially to Free
Software and the long term health of our ecosystem, please consider helping
the Free Software Foundation Europe fund it's very important work.

Cheers,

Till