[Kde-pim] [REGRESSION] Pop3 message status change is broken on Enterprise branch

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Jan 27 11:10:45 GMT 2008

On Sunday 27 January 2008, Ismail Dönmez wrote:
> Hi Volker,
>
> Thursday 20 December 2007 12:51:49 tarihinde Volker Krause şunları
yazmıştı:
> > Since apparently only the triggering of the status change operation
> > is broken and not the actual status changing itself, the only thing
> > I could think of are the XMLGUI .rc files, although that would
> > usually hide the action altogether. Also, there is nothing special
> > for local folders in that area. Do you still have the old files for
> > comparison?
>
> Sorry for the late reply, attached is the problematic kmailrc file.
> Issue is still reproducable with Enterprise branch according to
> users.

FWIW, with the very latest enterprise version I have noticed a similar
problem. It occurs intermittently with messages in IMAP folders. Most
of the time it's just the last message in a thread that cannot be
marked as unread. When I mark the whole thread as unread then the
status of the problematic message is also marked as unread. I'll keep
an eye on it to make out a pattern.

Now that I think about it I have a theory:
Maybe for some reason KMail sometimes changes the status in the
KMMessage object, but not in the corresponding KMMsgInfo object (or
vice-versa?). So this bug might have been introduced by my change which
prevents crashes due to the former KMMsgInfo object by KMMessage object
replacement. Now the KMMsgInfo object is no longer destroyed, but kept
around and re-used when the KMMessage object is destroyed. I have
warned about possible inconsistencies due to changes in the KMMessage
object not being applied to the KMMsgInfo object. Anyway, it's just a
guess. Maybe there's still another problem.

Regards,
Ingo