[Kde-pim] macro_optional_add_subdirectory()

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 22:49:07 GMT 2008

Stephen Kelly wrote:

> On Sunday 13 January 2008 14:18:03 Allen Winter wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Can we use macro_optional_add_subdirectory() for all project subdirs
>> in our module CMakeLists.txt files?
>>
>> Even the library subdirs?
>>
>> kdepim/CMakeLists.txt still uses plain old add_subdirectory() for
>> many of the subdirs and I would like to  know which ones I can
>> change to use macro_optional_add_subdirectory().
>>
>> -Allen
>
> My interest in this is that I wanted to compile kdepim/kmobiletools, and
> that requires that a lot of extras be compiled which look unneeded from my
> point of view.
>
> My attempt was to do the following:
>
> svn up -N kdepim
> cd kdepim
> svn up libkdepim kode akonadi libkholidays libkpgp libksieve mimelib
> kdganttl kresources cmake maildir knotes wizards plugins libkleo
> kmobiletools
>
> Even then I got this output:
>
> kde-devel at wopr:~/kde/src/KDE/kdepim$ cmakekde
> -- Found Qt-Version 4.3.2 (using /usr/bin/qmake)
> -- Found X11: /usr/lib/libX11.so
> -- Found KDE 4.0 include dir: /home/kde-devel/kde/include
> -- Found KDE 4 library dir: /home/kde-devel/kde/lib
> -- Found KDE4 kconfig_compiler
> preprocessor: /home/kde-devel/kde/bin/kconfig_compiler
> -- Found KDE4 automoc: /home/kde-devel/kde/bin/kde4automoc
> -- Found KDE PIM libraries
> -- Found Strigi: /usr/lib/libstreams.so
> -- Usable gpgme flavours found:  vanilla pthread pth
> -- Found qgpgme: libraries:

qgpgme;gpgme++-pthread;/usr/lib/libgpgme-pthread.so;/usr/lib/libpthread.so;/usr/lib/libgpg-error.so
> -- Could not find OPTIONAL package GNOKII
> -- Found MySQL: /usr/include/mysql, /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so
> -- Found MySQL Embedded: /usr/include/mysql, /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqld.a
> -- Found Nepomuk: /home/kde-devel/kde/lib/libnepomuk.so
> CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
> /home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdepim/CMakeLists.txt:93:
> INCLUDE Could not find include file: kleopatra/ConfigureChecks.cmake
> Current CMake stack:
> [1]     /home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdepim/CMakeLists.txt
> -- topological_sort.hpp is necessary to compile kleopatra. Please install
> package which contains it.
> -- Could not find OPTIONAL package OPENSYNC
> -- Found GLIB2: /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so
> -- /home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdepim/kmobiletools: skipped subdir
> $(KIOSLAVES_DIR)
> -- /home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdepim/kmobiletools: skipped subdir
> $(TEST_DIR) -- GroupWise resources are disabled.
> -- GroupWise wizard disabled.
> --
> -- The following OPTIONAL packages were located on your
> system.              --
> -- This software installation will have features provided by these
> packages. --
> + boost
> + gpgme
> + mysql-embedded
> + Nepomuk
> + strigi indexing
> + plasma
> + glib2
> -- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your
> system.      --
> -- Consider installing them to enable more features from this
> software.      --
> + libXss: X Window Screen Saver Development Library
> <http://xorg.freedesktop.org>
> Required for building the KTimeTracker Program
> + gnokii: Gnokii Development Libraries <http://www.gnokii.org>
> Needed to provide the ability to import and export KDE addressbook entries
> to/from mobile phones that are accessible via gnokii
> + xsltproc: xsltproc <http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/>
> Needed to generate Akonadi database code
>
> -- Configuring done
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> kde-devel at wopr:~/kde/build/KDE/kdepim$
>
> So I don't know how to proceed, but I think the CMakeLists.txt in kdepim
> needs a cleanup.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve.

Hi,

As above I've been trying to build kmobiletools, and run into problems with
parts of kdepim depending on each other. To compile it I had to:

  svn up knotes wizards plugins libkleo kleopatra kaddressbook korganizer
  kmail knode

as well.

Can kdepim be reorganized so that it's applications are less interdependant
and make the module more modular?

Regards,

Steve.