[Kde-pim] macro_optional_add_subdirectory()

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 18:37:01 GMT 2008

Frank Osterfeld wrote:

> On Monday 14 January 2008 23:49:07 Stephen Kelly wrote:
>
>> As above I've been trying to build kmobiletools, and run into problems
>> with parts of kdepim depending on each other. To compile it I had to:
>>
>>   svn up knotes wizards plugins libkleo kleopatra kaddressbook korganizer
>>   kmail knode
>>
>> as well.
>>
>> Can kdepim be reorganized so that it's applications are less
>> interdependant and make the module more modular?
>
> Which dependencies do you mean in particular? I thought we got rid of
> (all?) application->application dependencies in kdepim. Correct me if I'm
> wrong. Or is this rather a problem of the build system, so you can't build
> kmobiletools without e.g. installing kleopatra's dependencies? Then the
> CMake files need to be fixed.

I had to have all of the above to compile kmobiletools.

  svn up libkdepim kode akonadi libkholidays libkpgp libksieve mimelib
  kdganttl kresources cmake maildir knotes wizards plugins libkleo kleopatra
  kaddressbook korganizer kmail knode

Due often to aplication->application dependancies. I didn't watch closely,
but that's the order I had to svn up too. So kaddressbook requires
korganizer requires kmail etc I think.

Yes, I think the CMakeLists.txt needs to be changed as I wrote before, but
that's probably not all that needs to be changed. At any rate I'm not up to
speed on kdepim enough or cmake enough to be able to fix either.

Try it yourself starting with

  svn up -N kdepim && cd kdepim && svn up kmobiletools

and see what you have to svn up before you can successfully cmakekde on the
directory.

For comparison, provided you have the dependancies installed, you can do

  svn up -N kdegraphics && cd kdegraphics && svn up -N cmake gwenview &&
  cmakekde

This has worked for me in each other module I've tried it in. Kdepim may be
more complex, but you think it would be possible to rearrange kdepim so it
could be easier to compile only a subset of the module?

Steve.