[Kde-pim] KDE PIM 4.1 Plans

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Tue Feb 5 20:22:32 GMT 2008

On Monday 04 February 2008 14:54:25 Tom Albers wrote:
> Op maandag 4 februari 2008 14:47 schreef u:
> > On Saturday 02 February 2008 18:23:10 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > > If there are questions or comments about the KDE PIM 4.1 plans, please
> > > don't hesitate to speak up and discuss the plan. I personally think
> > > this
> >
> > I have one: will KDE PIM 4.1 build against kdelibs and kdepimlibs 4.0.x?
>
> kdelibs: yes, kdepimlibs: no.
> At least that is the plan for now.

Please note that we try to keep KDE PIM 4.1 compiling with kdelibs 4.0 only
for developer convenience (avoiding the need of compiling kdelibs yourself),
it's not really intended to be used in that combination. If we need
functionality from a newer kdelibs the corresponding parts are simply
disabled (eg. currently parts of the spell-checking in kmail AFAIK), we don't
copy kdelibs classes or work around issues that are fixed in kdelibs 4.1
already etc.

regards
Volker