[Kde-pim] KMails HTML mails

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Wed Aug 27 15:14:51 BST 2008

Op woensdag 27 augustus 2008 15:41 schreef u:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 27 August 2008 10:02:11 Tom Albers wrote:
> > Just a small note, I see KMail4 spreading fast around developers now, but
> > the HTML it produces is still very very poor and hardly readable. Would it
> > be an idea to disable sending the HTML-part of the mail before the tagging
> > of 4.1.1?
> Absolutely not, no. HTML mails will _not_ be removed.

Did I mention removal anywere? I suggested to disable it yes.

> You can't just remove a
> major feature in a minor release, and I would never remove the HTML function,
> it has too many users. Furthermore, nobody really has complained yet. There is
> a bug report about missing linebreaks in HTML, but that is it. I agree that
> the HTML is very crappy, but the user is not going to see it anyway.

That's were we don't agree. I constantly see the html rendered mails which look like utter crap right now. Attached is
a screenshot, you should try to read it ;-)

> That said, I would love a toCleanHtml() or something like that in
> KRichTextEdit for better HTML than the crap QTextEdit produces.

True. Sorry if I offended you, that was not my intention. I was just wondering what was better, a (in my eyes) completely broken feature or a temp. disabled one. It is of course up to you to decide which one is better for you.

Toma