[Kde-pim] KMails HTML mails

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Wed Aug 27 14:41:25 BST 2008

Hi,

On Wednesday 27 August 2008 10:02:11 Tom Albers wrote:
> Just a small note, I see KMail4 spreading fast around developers now, but
> the HTML it produces is still very very poor and hardly readable. Would it
> be an idea to disable sending the HTML-part of the mail before the tagging
> of 4.1.1?
Absolutely not, no. HTML mails will _not_ be removed. You can't just remove a
major feature in a minor release, and I would never remove the HTML function,
it has too many users. Furthermore, nobody really has complained yet. There is
a bug report about missing linebreaks in HTML, but that is it. I agree that
the HTML is very crappy, but the user is not going to see it anyway.
That said, I would love a toCleanHtml() or something like that in
KRichTextEdit for better HTML than the crap QTextEdit produces.

Regards,
Thomas