[Kde-pim] More questions about: scripting akonadi

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Mon Apr 14 19:33:11 BST 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 11:35:16AM +0200, M. Fioretti wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'd like to start studying how to "talk" with akonadi, that is how
> to automate writing, reading, searching... akonadi data?

Hello folks, it's me again. I have just realized that when I wrote the
original request, I also meant a few things I didn't make clear, and
other questions came to mind:

1) Is email handled by Akonadi accessible by standard tools like
procmail or fetchmail? That is, how do I change a possibly very long
and complicated procmailrc file to deliver to mailboxes which are
"inside" or "behind" Akonadi?

Ditto for fetchmail, as far as retrieving email is concerned: imagine,
for example using it to make a local copy in plain mbox format for
archival purposes?

2) speaking of archives, what is the format of the akonadi storage?
Plain text, mysql, other? And how do you back it up? (the purpose of
the question is always to understand if and how it can be processed or
generated with non-akonadi tools and/or backed up with normal rsync,
tar...

3) What is the status, or at least the roadmap/wish list of Akonadi
   <-> MS Exchange integration?

Thanks again in advance for any feedback and all your patience. Seen
from the point of view of a non programmer, ie an advanced end user,
Akonadi seems a very promising but also quite complicated technology,
when it comes to deciding if it's worth to migrate to it or integrate
it into a bunch of years old scripts for desktop management. This is
the purpose of these questions.

Ciao,
	Marco

--
Your own civil rights and the quality of your own life heavily depend on
how software is used *around* you:               http://digifreedom.net/