[Kde-pim] scripting akonadi?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Apr 14 21:35:44 BST 2008

On Monday 14 April 2008, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 08:19:19PM +0200, M. Fioretti wrote:
> > is this library usable from Perl or Python, as far as email only is
> > concerned?
>
> You need the python/perl bindings, as the library is implemented in C++.
> However Richard should be able to generate these bindings in short time
> with his binding generators.

I think we would also welcome any non C++ implementation of the protocol,
which could quite likely use the respective language's IMAP frameworks as a
starting point.

Basically the only low level requirements are D-Bus and support for unix
domain sockets (respectively named pipes on Windows).

As part of one of our Google Summer of Code proposals we might have a student
working on Kross bindings for Akonadi related functionality, e.g. allowing
scriptable Akonadi agents or Akonadi related scripting in user applications.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring