[Kde-pim] scripting akonadi?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Tue Apr 15 13:38:02 BST 2008

On Mon, April 14, 2008 9:33 pm, Tobias Koenig wrote:

> You can't use a standard IMAP client implementation to access the mails
> from Akonadi, you have to use the libakonadi-kde.

for end users, this means that the only way for them to store email into
akonadi is to use mailody or kmail, until/unless somebody integrates
libakonadi-kde into Evolution, Thunderbird or any other FOSS client,right?
(this is not a critique, I just want to be sure I got it right)

>> If the already existing modules are not compatible at all with
>> Akonadi, what is the reason for this lack of backward compatibility?
> We have some different concepts of handling items (mails, contacts,
> events etc.) which didn't fit with the standard IMAP protocol.

OK, if you add new functionalities nobody expects them to be usable by
"legacy" software (ie programs not including libakonadi-kde) I just expected
that the basic IMAP functions would remain the same as in the IMAP standard

>> is this library usable from Perl or Python, as far as email only is
>> concerned?
> You need the python/perl bindings, as the library is implemented in C++.
> However Richard should be able to generate these bindings in short time
> with his binding generators.

Er... how could I contact RIchard? I haven't found an email address or
contact form for him :-(

THanks,
                  Marco
--
Help *everybody* love Free Standards and Software:
http://digifreedom.net