[Kde-pim] [kdepim-users] ratings on Akgregator

Frank Osterfeld frank.osterfeld at gmx.de
Thu Sep 27 08:06:46 BST 2007

On Wednesday 26 September 2007, John LoGioco wrote:
> Hi Frank - Thanks for the feedback.  After discussing your email we
> would like to explore what it would take to do the work.  Depending on
> the scope, we may contribute to the cost or effort of development.  In
> our experience, the integration process has been quite smooth so far.
>
> In an effort to help us know more about Akgregator, can you give me an
> idea of roughly how many downloads or users there are on Akgregator?

Akregator is provided as part of KDE, which in turn is distributed by Linux
distributions. Thus people don't download Akregator themselves, they usually
find it in their Linux distribution after installation (and it's unclear how
many of those then actually use it regularily). More reliable numbers would
probably come out of some representative subscription statistics, but I don't
know any (maybe services like feed burner have them?).

Regards,

Frank