[Kde-pim] kabc/distributionlist: Entry class returns references

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Sep 9 14:22:48 BST 2007

Hi Tobias,

On Sunday 09 September 2007, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 08:55:10PM +0200, Kevin Krammer wrote:

> > Are there other type of distribution lists than email? E.g. for snail
> > mail or shipment?
>
> Well, that would be a distribution list with only contact references in
> it. So any application can load such a list, find the contacts which are
> referenced there, and extract the address or telephone field.

Hmm.
If there is a need for specifying the email address, wouldn't there also be a
need to specify which address or which telephone number to use since there
can also be more than one?

Maybe we should do an abstract base class for distribution list and for now
one implementation for emails?

> > > Distribution lists inside distribution lists are strange and I'd like
> > > to avoid them. They make stuff unecessarily complex.
> >
> > You're the expert :)
>
> No, just a lazy developer ;)

Hehe

> > > So we can retire KABC::DistributionListManager and let the single
> > > KResources load/store the distribution lists.
> >
> > Are we talking about a special KRES::Resource subclass or about an
> > extension to KABC::Resource?
>
> An extension to KABC::Resource. All kabc resources should have the
> possibility to provide distribution lists. So maybe we should create a
> new subclass of ResourceFile then (e.g. ResourceStdFile), which loads the
> contacts from $HOME/.kde/share/kabc/std.vcf and the distribution lists from
> $HOME/.kde/share/kabc/distlists.

Ok, I'll see into that.

Cheers,
Kevin