[Kde-pim] imap4 kioslave

Szombathelyi György gyurco at freemail.hu
Thu Sep 13 16:34:19 BST 2007

Hello,

> > Don't think so, the only ioslave which cannot be built without sasl is
> > sieve. Any others should have the option to build without it.
>
> Ok, so you really mean "yes we should allow imap4 to be built without
> sasl"??

Yes, that's my opinion. IMAP4 has LOGIN authentication, which is available
without the SASL option, and it's widely supported (I think its more
supported than SASL), so the protocol will not be unusable, even if the nice
SASL methods are not available.

> > Btw, if you work on CMake + SASL, is it possible to unify the config
> > process, and check only once for cyrus-sasl in kdepimlibs? Now 4 ioslaves
> > (imap-pop-smtp-sieve) and the KLDAP lib can use it, if it's available,
> > but now in every dir there's a check for it.
>
> Right. I'll fix that.
Thx, I see already you worked on it, even before my previous mail :)