[Kde-pim] KNotes: Consolidate Copyright and License Headers

Guillermo Antonio Amaral Bastidas me at guillermoamaral.com
Sun Sep 23 19:15:51 BST 2007

On Sunday 23 September 2007 10:46:10 Allen Winter wrote:

> You are basically asking if you can license all source files to  "GPL (v2+)
> (+Qt exception)".
>
> The problems are:
>  - 16 source files are "GPL (v2+)" without the Qt exception.
>  - a couple files have no license at all.
>
> And we have no idea what individual persons hold copyright on any
> of the files because the copyright says "The KNotes Developers".
>
> So ... you need to find out who really owns copyright on the source
> files and ask them if you can change the license.  And due to
> the licensing change for Qt4, I would ask to relicense to plain old GPL
> (v2+); i.e. no longer any need to have the Qt exception.
>
> How to find who holds copyright?
>  - run svn log on the file and make an educated guess
>  - contact the people in the AUTHORS file
>
> -Allen
>
> PS. kdepim has this problem all over the place

Right! I will do just that as well as update the AUTHORS file if need be, I
will keep the thread posted on my progress.

  I really think it will make things simpler if all the files in the project
share the same license.

Cheers,
gamaral

--
Guillermo Antonio Amaral Bastidas (gamaral)
# Free & Open-source Software Advocate