[Kde-pim] KOrganizer UI problems

Loïc Corbasson loic.corbasson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 22:13:39 BST 2007

Hi Mike and everyone,

Am mardi 2 octobre 2007 schrieb Mike Arthur:
> On Friday 14 September 2007 13:25:46 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > - The buttons in the date navigator are so big due to the text that
> > they make the date navigator much wider than actually needed. The
> > width even varies when moving to other months because the month
> > names are wider or smaller. I think it would be better to remove
> > the texts.
>
> lcorbasson has removed the texts again. This is fine but I don't
> think an optimal solution. Usability wise there is no indication of
> what the buttons do. May I suggest a short month name or 2 digit year
> or even just a single character or new icon to actually indicate what
> the arrows do. Relying on tooltips isn't great as, as good as they
> are, most novice users are familiar with using tooltips.
> As I said, having no text is acceptable I just feel there is a
> solution we could use to make this pane more accessible to new users.

I agree with you, but as Cornelius pointed out text was really not
practical. I suppose short month names or digits would not make the
date navigator more accessible to the users who may not understand the
meaning/action of the buttons with only the arrow icons left… Do you
have any icon suggestion which may indeed help them, and that we may
suggest to our artists? (Maybe other organizers use other icons?)

Loïc Corbasson