[Kde-pim] KOrganizer UI problems

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Thu Oct 4 19:04:43 BST 2007

On Wednesday 03 October 2007 22:13:39 Loïc Corbasson wrote:
> I agree with you, but as Cornelius pointed out text was really not
> practical. I suppose short month names or digits would not make the
> date navigator more accessible to the users who may not understand the
> meaning/action of the buttons with only the arrow icons left… Do you
> have any icon suggestion which may indeed help them, and that we may
> suggest to our artists? (Maybe other organizers use other icons?)
Presumably you meant:
... short month names or digits WOULD make the date navigator more
accessible....
I think this is the best option, 3 character month names and 2 digit years. Do
other languages have valid short month names available?
As for icons, it would be a nice idea but, rethinking my suggestion, icons are
generally bad for usability as an exclusive indicator. As a visual cue or
function you created/assigned yourself they are great. However, novice users
take no meaning from icons, even obvious ones such as printer icons so
accompanying text is pretty essential.

Mike Arthur