[Kde-pim] KOrganizer UI problems

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 11:07:40 BST 2007

On Friday 14 September 2007 13:25:46 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> - The buttons in the date navigator are so big due to the text that they
> make the date navigator much wider than actually needed. The width even
> varies when moving to other months because the month names are wider or
> smaller. I think it would be better to remove the texts.
lcorbasson has removed the texts again. This is fine but I don't think an
optimal solution. Usability wise there is no indication of what the buttons
do. May I suggest a short month name or 2 digit year or even just a single
character or new icon to actually indicate what the arrows do. Relying on
tooltips isn't great as, as good as they are, most novice users are familiar
with using tooltips.
As I said, having no text is acceptable I just feel there is a solution we
could use to make this pane more accessible to new users.

Mike Arthur