[Kde-pim] Initial column sizes of the folder tree wrong : fix

Jérémy Compostella jeremy.compostella at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 12:12:38 GMT 2007

2007/11/24, Thomas McGuire <thomas.mcguire at gmx.net>:
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 24 November 2007, Jérémy Compostella wrote:
> > A patch which fix the "Initial column sizes of the folder tree wrong"
> > bug referenced on http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/kdepim/kde4bugs.
> >
> > Just let the automatic sizing for the "Folder" column. setStrech on
> > the other to avoid scrolling bar.
> Thanks for the patch.
> Unfortunately, I have a problem with it: This patch introduces a horizontal
> scrollbar for me, but the folder tree should not have one.Please create a
> new patch which fixes this.
I can't reproduce this problem here. Except if in my kmail settings I
have some old bad settings values about the folder tree geometry. If
you don't have tried this before, please remove the kmailrc file
settings and try again. If the problem is always there, I'll be glad
if you can help me to reproduce it on my computer.

> I also suggest to hide the size column by
> default, and to hide the unread column as well, this gains some space.
I'm agree for the size column size which is not really relevant by
default, IMHO it looks rather an advanced feature than a by default
feature. But in the case of the unread column I think it's too useful
for users (me included ;)) that it appears by default when the
application starts, checks for email and the user begin to read his
e-mails watching for this number to decrease. Moreover, a user with
many main folders for several mailing list generally want to know
where are spread out all his new e-mails.

Regards,
Jeremy