[Kde-pim] Fwd: Google SoC Project Idea: Kontact Exchange

Michael S. Mikowski z_mikowski at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 05:52:57 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 06 March 2007, Vic Fryzel wrote:
> I'd be more than happy to implement it.  I too am a daily user of KDE
> (I use it exclusively, at work & at home), but again, am forced to
> use Evolution for most things.
>
> > So, I don't think one can easily develop something in kde3 and then
> > quickly port over to akonadi.
>
> I agree, and it's a little late in the KDE 3.5 game for a feature
> this significant.  It would probably be best debuted in KDE 4.  It'd
> probably also be easier to write an akonadi interface than it would a
> custom implementation in the resource, and then port the
> implementation.  It would also make Exchange integration with other
> apps trivial with the akonadi implementation.

However it is implemented, this would be great for SOC.  At our shop,
where many of our developers use KDE, this would be a real boon.
Perhaps the greatest impetus to convert to Gnome is the reality that
Evolution doesn't really run to well under KDE.  And we have to use an
Exchange for corporate messaging :(

Cheers,

Mike

--