[Kde-pim] Fwd: Google SoC Project Idea: Kontact Exchange

Vic Fryzel vic at shellsage.com
Wed Mar 7 00:08:36 GMT 2007

I'd be more than happy to implement it.  I too am a daily user of KDE (I use
it exclusively, at work & at home), but again, am forced to use Evolution for
most things.

> So, I don't think one can easily develop something in kde3 and then quickly
> port over to akonadi.

I agree, and it's a little late in the KDE 3.5 game for a feature this
significant.  It would probably be best debuted in KDE 4.  It'd probably also
be easier to write an akonadi interface than it would a custom implementation
in the resource, and then port the implementation.  It would also make
Exchange integration with other apps trivial with the akonadi implementation.

--
Vic Fryzel (vic at shellsage dot com)
http://shellsage.com/