[Kde-pim] Fwd: Google SoC Project Idea: Kontact Exchange

Michael S. Mikowski z_mikowski at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 20:57:18 GMT 2007

As a daily user of Kontact hooked to Exchange, I would love to see this,
as would a number of my co-workers who use KDE. I'd even send money, as
would probably a few others here!

As for 3.x vs 4.0 issues, my *uninformed* $0.02 is that it may be best
to develop for the 3.x branch initially since it is stable.  When it is
time to migrate to 4.0, lots of people on lots of projects will have
experience doing so.  With their help, and bit of forethought, such a
migration might not be so bad.

I think we'd rather see this project pursued /this year/ while the Am
Montag is interested and available, then decline it or hamper it with a
still evolving API.

Cheers,

Mike

--