[Kde-pim] KDEPIM 4.0

mark at easymailings.com mark at easymailings.com
Fri Mar 23 13:25:37 GMT 2007

> Am Freitag, 23. März 2007 schrieb David Jarvie:

>> KDEPIM doesn't have to be ABI-compatible between releases. That
only

>> applies to kdepimlibs.

> Exactly, but that is the problem. We really, really need some good
API

> cleanup

> of libkabc and of libkcal (look at all the problems we have with
the

> resources system... E.g. kpilot will crash when used with the
standard

> calendar, because it might be reloaded in the background, and
KPilot

> cannot

> do anything -- and I really mean anything -- about it.).

Isn't this a problem of implementation rather than interface?

If the former, it is possible to maintain abi compatibility and fix the
problem.

I remember adding code to kTimeTracker that was reloaded the resource when
korganizer modified the file--there were methods provided for this in the
resource framework.  IIRC, I even wrote a unit test that passed.