[Kde-pim] KDEPIM 4.0

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Tue Mar 27 06:57:34 BST 2007

On Tuesday 27 March 2007 06:43, Andy Mason wrote:

> 1) KDE-Pim is a pretty major part of KDE right  and KDE 4 probably isn't
> going to want to ship without a working PIM.
> 2) There isn't really enough time for you to have a good solution.
>
> So can't you ask for the release date to be pushed forward?

KDE 4.0 just will be the start of the KDE 4 series. It won't be perfect from
the beginning, so if it really turns out that KDE PIM won't be ready for that
release, we will release with the next release. That's not a big deal.
Additionally for application developers (including the KDE PIM developers) it
really helps, if there are stable libraries to work with. KDE 4.0 will give
us those, so it will become easier and more productive to work on KDE PIM
after the release. This will also be valid for some other modules of KDE. So
pushing forward the release date of KDE 4.0 won't actually help KDE PIM.

The earlier the release of kdelibs 4.0 the better for KDE PIM.