[Kde-pim] zoneinfo in pim+

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Mar 27 19:08:25 BST 2007

Howdy,

Lots of zoneinfo stuff....

- I am now using the --no-rdates option to vzic.  This option seems to create
  a separate DAYLIGHT section for each different DST change in American history.
  See attached.  It makes more sense to me this way.  But I can change back if desired.

- I committed Olson's tzdata and the vzic source code into pim+ libkcal/libical
   along with instructions (README.timezone) on how to use all this stuff.

- You will notice that I use a KDE-specific PRODID and TZID (see attached).
   Any reason not to do this?  Or should I put back the XImian+Evolution specific
   PRODID and TZID?

- Please test!  The new zoneinfo's are only in pim+ now.   But we only have
   a few days until this won't matter anymore because of when the previous
   DST started in early April.  If we think it works, then I need to send this
   out to the distro packages ASAP.

-Allen