[Kde-pim] zoneinfo in pim+

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Tue Mar 27 20:39:06 BST 2007

On Tuesday 27 March 2007, Allen Winter wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Lots of zoneinfo stuff....
>
> - I am now using the --no-rdates option to vzic.  This option seems to
> create a separate DAYLIGHT section for each different DST change in
> American history. See attached.  It makes more sense to me this way.  But I
> can change back if desired.

Makes more sense to me this way too.  =:)

> - I committed Olson's tzdata and the vzic source code into pim+
> libkcal/libical along with instructions (README.timezone) on how to use all
> this stuff.

Very cool.

> - Please test!  The new zoneinfo's are only in pim+ now.   But we only have
>    a few days until this won't matter anymore because of when the previous
>    DST started in early April.  If we think it works, then I need to send
> this out to the distro packages ASAP.

Testing now.  I had to re-add Makefile.am back into zoneinfo.  Hope that's
okay.

At first blush, things seem to be working perfectly, though I'm only looking
at my small amount of data and mostly current/future events.  But it has most
certainly corrected the previously-incorrect dates that have been plaguing me
for weeks now.  Events that have been created since 3/11 show up correctly
(with the new DST off-set), as do those events which were created before.

Looks good Allen!!  Thanks for taking the time to look into this!!  =:)

--
 -[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper    //  http://movingparts.net ]-
 -[ KDE PIM Developer         //  http://www.kde.org  ]-