[Kde-pim] relicense linklocator

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Mar 22 22:30:16 GMT 2007

On Thursday 22 March 2007 5:16:08 pm Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Thursday 22 March 2007 09:37, Tom Albers wrote:
> > I don't have time to figure out who else to ask for permission for
> > the license change (1st April is approaching fast, who made that
> > schedule??). From the svn log I see all the usual suspects, most of
> > them already agreed twice to relicense questions from me. If you
> > object to this one, let me or the list know, I will revert the change
> > instantly.
> >
> > Now we only have to decide where to put this file in kdepimlibs.
> > Maybe as part of the kmime is not so bad...
>
> IMO it really doesn't fit into kmime. kmime should stay a clean library
> for dealing with MIME. LinkLocator has much more in common with the
> bodypartformatter stuff (since it obviously does some formatting of
> text/plain body parts). Unfortunately, the number of existing libraries
> in kdepimlibs is pretty small and I can't see any library LinkLocator
> would nicely fit into. Let's see what Allen thinks.

I don't know what to think.

My first instinct was emailfunctions lib.  But Volker reminded me
that we wanted to merge those functions into kmime and
eliminate the emailfunctions lib.

Then Volker reminded me that what we really want is a message reader
kpart that can be shared between KMail, KNode, Mailody, etc.  And
the linklocator would go there.

And we don't want to recreate another libkdepim with a bunch of misc stuff.

Currently we have emailfunctions and kimap which contain only
a few static methods.  no classes.  And I don't think yet-another
such lib called "kbodyformatter" would be such a great idea.

And we know that there are a bunch of utility static methods that
would be useful to have in kdepimlibs.

So....  Ideas?

It seems that a kpimutils lib where we put all these static utility methods
may be a necessity that we can't avoid.

Thoughts?
-Allen