[Kde-pim] Status of kdepimlibs

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Mon Mar 26 23:26:28 BST 2007

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 10:36:03AM -0400, Allen Winter wrote:
> PIMsters,
Hi Allen,

> So we have about 1 week to finish any major changes to kdepimlibs.
>
> The biggest change on my list is the khalkhi lib.
> frinring: what's the status?
Friedrich and /me will have a meeting tomorrow where we'll discuss about
the future of kabc and khalkhi. Friedrich is unfortunately quite short of time
in the moment, so maybe I can help him to clean up khalkhi and bring it
in shape.

> I'm not sure about kabc, mainly because I don't know how kabc and khalkhi
> work together.  But I do know that Marco had some requirements for kmobiletools.
We have to find out whether kabc should be converted into a plain
container class and data loading/saving is done via khalkhi in akonadi.
Any further ideas/suggestions/objections?

Plans I've for kabc:
  - remove the 'generate code' hack, since we know the requirements of
    kabc now, we can generate it ones and check it in
      => better svn history and easier to change

  - replace the homebrewn shared data approach with QSharedData/QSharedDataPtr

  - clean up API (change it to a container which just stores data)

  - add some helper functions (e.g. normalizePhoneNumber)

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!