[Kde-pim] Status of kdepimlibs

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Tue Mar 27 07:00:59 BST 2007

On Tuesday 27 March 2007 00:26, Tobias Koenig wrote:

> We have to find out whether kabc should be converted into a plain
> container class and data loading/saving is done via khalkhi in akonadi.

How does khalkhi do data loading and saving?

> Any further ideas/suggestions/objections?
>
> Plans I've for kabc:
>   - remove the 'generate code' hack, since we know the requirements of
>     kabc now, we can generate it ones and check it in
>       => better svn history and easier to change

How would the removal of the code generator make kabc easier to change?
Changing or adding any data fields to the Addressee class certainly is more
easy and less error-prone with the code generator.

>   - replace the homebrewn shared data approach with
> QSharedData/QSharedDataPtr

What do you mean with "homebrewn shared data approach"?

>   - clean up API (change it to a container which just stores data)

What would that exactly mean?

>   - add some helper functions (e.g. normalizePhoneNumber)

That sounds like a good idea?