[Kde-pim] New RecipientsPicker in kmail (KDE4)

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sun Mar 11 21:56:44 GMT 2007

On Sunday 11 March 2007 18:24, Mathias Soeken wrote:

> I talked about this topic few weeks ago and now I want to show some
> screenshots of current development. I am porting the RecipientsPicker to
> KDE4. First I only wanted to port the K3ListView to the new model/view
> framework in Qt4. But then I thought about implementing wishes from
> bugs.kde.org, too. Further, I implemented some ideas of the thread, which I
> mentioned above.
>
> You can see some screenshots http://www.tzi.de/~msoeken/recipientspicker/
>
> My question is, whether I can commit this. Perhaps there are some more
> ideas or things that should be changed before committing. For example I
> have no idea, whether the icons are intuitive or not.

Thanks for the nice screenshots. I would also be interested in the code. Could
you send your post your patch as well?

I have two questions: Why did you move the "Add to/cc/bcc" actions to the
toolbar? What are the semantics, do they close the dialog when they are
selected?

Did you also contact the usability group as Ingo suggested? The dialog was
created in collaboration with them, so they might have some comments on the
suggested changes.