[Kde-pim] KDEPIM 4.0

mark at easymailings.com mark at easymailings.com
Fri Mar 23 21:11:17 GMT 2007

> Am Freitag, 23. März 2007 schrieb mark at easymailings.com:

>> Isn't this a problem of implementation rather than interface?

> No, it's a more fundamental problem of the way the whole resource
system

> is

> designed.

[snip detailed explanation of problem]

So one possible fix is:

    (1) downgrade all async load methods wrap synchronous
ones, and

    (2) use pessimistic locking instead of optimistic for
all updates/

I think this could be done w/o changing the interface.  Data loss
sucks big time, and option (1) is a far superior option (IMHO).

Re: courage, I guess you mean the courage to ask the family for
forgiveness for another night away from the dinner table?  ;)