[Kde-pim] New RecipientsPicker in kmail (KDE4)

Christian Schaarschmidt schaarsc at gmx.de
Sun Mar 18 15:15:40 GMT 2007

Am Sonntag, 18. März 2007 11:42 schrieb Cornelius Schumacher:
> On Saturday 17 March 2007 21:52, Christian Schaarschmidt wrote:
> > sorry for not being precise enough, one should never try to explain a GUI
> > element without a screenshot ....
> > the tree is from Bug 131796 and the checkboxes show what I ment in my
>
> The problem with this approach is that you need an additional click to add
> somebody as recipient to a mail compared to the current design.

currently I have to
open recipientspicker
select recepient
press "add as CC"
open recipientspicker
select recepient
press "add as BCC"

with  checkboxes:
open recipientspicker
click on the CC box
click on the BCC box
press "OK"

am I missing something?

> The class is intentionally called picker and not editor because it's
> purpose is not to edit the recipients list, but to simply pick a recipient
> that should be added.
>
> This addresses the basic use case that somebody wants to write a mail to
> one recipient in the most efficient way.

that explains why I find it so hard to use.
from my point of view it was always:
Use Case "select one recipient"  -> autocompletion
Use Case "large number or recipients" -> recipientspicker

I think we need something for editing large number of recipients, doing it
directly scrolling up/down the list is too cumbersome. Having mixed set of
To/Cc/Bcc makes it even more complicated.
My suggestion addesses these issues.

> More complex uses cases with CC or even BCC are possible, but that's not
> the primary target.

If not in the recipientspicker, where can we place this functionality?