[Kde-pim] Summer of Code Proposal: Journal Improvements

christian at whiletaker.homeip.net christian at whiletaker.homeip.net
Sun Mar 18 18:42:35 GMT 2007

Hi,
> On Sunday 18 March 2007 01:58:22 Christian Weilbach wrote:
> > It is not half implemented really. There is quite some work to do, which
> > I did already ;-)
>
> Sorry, your wording confuses me. So it is basically done?
Blogging stuff is done. Still we need the akonadi/kresource resource and
probably some work in KJournal, e.g. Fotos.

> > Have a look at KBlog (http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/pim/kblog/).
> > I've got it to a quite usable state recently (at least the feature
> > complete unit tests work with my wordpress server for both Blogger API
> > 1.0 and MetaWeblog API, but that doesn't mean there are most likely some
> > bugs and cleanup left). The documentation is almost complete now, so
> > projects like the KJournal resource should be able to implement now. I
> > would propose to work together on implementing the resource for
> > KOrganizer, since I'm currently trying to add Blogger API 2.0 / Atom API
> > support.
> >
> > Sounds good from my blog perspective, since fotos can be used via
> > MetaWeblog API (at least be posted to the server).
>
> From what you are saying, it sounds like most/all the groundwork has done,
> and at this stage it would be just a integration/GUI/bugfixing task?

Concerning blogging stuff, yes.

> > I'm not a pro in programming myself (I am a student, too ;-) ). I would
> > suggest to have a look at
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Summer_of_Code/2007/Ideas , especially
> > the KOrganizer Theming part seems to be really nice in my opinion.
> > I would really like to see a DBUS interface to the Calendar, too. I'd
> > like to have some applet on my Desktop showing the ToDos ( or maybe my
> > Calendar).
>
> Are you suggesting I look at doing another project instead of this one?

Not instead ;-) But if this project without the blogging stuff is not enough
for a Summer of Code project, I would propose something different or you
expand your ideas somehow different. But hey I'm not the one to ask here, I'm
new to KDE programming myself. It was simply a personal(!) proposal of
something I would like to see, which is also related to KOrganizer.

Maybe you can help me a bit with the KOrganizer resource, since programming
all alone is boring. I don't think that would be a lot of work and you can
still do a different SoC project.

Cheers,
Christian