[Kde-pim] Disabling signing after saving a draft

Alexis Papadopoulos iacp at free.fr
Tue Jun 26 21:40:50 BST 2007

Hello,

in my rather recent transition to KMail, I fell upon a slightly disturbing
problem, which apparently is known : http://bugs.kde.org/103240

I decided to take a look at the code in case I could see something usefull.
Well no surprises I didn't, no wonder why this "bug" is two years old.

Anyway, this is caused by the fact that you can decide to disactivate signing
and encryption before saving as a draft. However these options are not
restored when you later reopen the saved message.

This is due to this call :
setSigning( ( canOpenPGPSign || canSMIMESign ) && mLastSignActionState );

in KMComposeWin::setMsg (kmcomposewin.cpp)

Why does the signing option depend on the fact that the message was previously
signed (mLastSignActionState variable is set, I suppose, after parsing the
message that is about to be loaded).

Remembering if the user had the signing/encryption toggles checked isn't that
simple, but at least we can let the default actions be restored, no ?

Anyway, I would appreciate if someone could explain me the reason this path
was chosen.

Thanks in advance,
acp