[Kde-pim] Disabling signing after saving a draft

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Jun 26 22:11:23 BST 2007

On Tuesday 26 June 2007 22:40, Alexis Papadopoulos wrote:
> in my rather recent transition to KMail, I fell upon a slightly
> disturbing problem, which apparently is known :
> http://bugs.kde.org/103240
>
> I decided to take a look at the code in case I could see something
> usefull. Well no surprises I didn't, no wonder why this "bug" is two
> years old.
>
> Anyway, this is caused by the fact that you can decide to disactivate
> signing and encryption before saving as a draft. However these
> options are not restored when you later reopen the saved message.
>
> This is due to this call :
> setSigning( ( canOpenPGPSign || canSMIMESign ) &&
> mLastSignActionState );
>
> in KMComposeWin::setMsg (kmcomposewin.cpp)
>
> Why does the signing option depend on the fact that the message was
> previously signed (mLastSignActionState variable is set, I suppose,
> after parsing the message that is about to be loaded).
>
> Remembering if the user had the signing/encryption toggles checked
> isn't that simple, but at least we can let the default actions be
> restored, no ?

In fact, it is very simple to remember the state of signing and
encryption by adding a special header to the draft. I just have not
gotten around doing it.

> Anyway, I would appreciate if someone could explain me the reason
> this path was chosen.

Signing/encrypting the draft was disabled for some (good?) reason I
can't remember. I guess the information can be found in a bug report or
in the mailing list archive. The fact that the state of the
sign/encrypt option is not saved is a stupid oversight.

Regards,
Ingo