[Kde-pim] KDEPIM 4 Applications List

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Feb 22 16:32:49 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 6:41:52 pm Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 February 2007 16:30, Allen Winter wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > I need to put together a list of apps and stuff we want to add into
> > kdepim for the KDE4.0 release.
> >
> > So far I have:
> >  + kmobiletools (Marco Gulino)
> >  + kabclient (Kevin Krammer)
> >  + khalki (Friedrich W. H. Kossebau) <- also for KDE 3.5.7
> >
> > Also, toma, aseigo, and I discussed having mailody in extragear
> >
> > Anything else?  A separate blogger tool?

Pradeepto suggests the KLuJe blogger tool.
I don't know anything about it.  Don't know if we can
bolt it on top of KOrg's journal.  But it might be a fun project.

> > And we have removed:
> >  + kandy
> >  + kmobile
> >  + kpilot
> >  + ??
>
> Hey Allen,
>
> Where's the replacement for kpilot?  IIRC, it was kitchensync?  But that was
> removed from 3.5?  And is it as feature-complete as kpilot?  I know the
> decision was made a while ago to not port kpilot to KDE4, but I'm just
> wondering if we're collectively shooting ourselves in the foot by offering
> less functionality or stability by not doing the port, especially if akonadi
> is not going to be replacing the resources that kpilot interfaces with
> now....

IIRC, the idea was for OpenSync to replace kpilot.
I have absolutely no problem with keeping kpilot in KDEPIM4, if you
(the kpilot developers) want.

I really don't know how kpilot, kmobiletools, opensync all play together.
I *think* kpilot is for palm pilots, kmobiletools is for phones, and opensync
is for ??

We need to figure out what to do.  Realistically.

-Allen

--
KDEPIM Developer
I accept PayPal payments to awinterz at earthlink.net