[Kde-pim] KDEPIM 4 Applications List

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Wed Feb 21 23:41:52 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 16:30, Allen Winter wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I need to put together a list of apps and stuff we want to add into
> kdepim for the KDE4.0 release.
>
> So far I have:
>  + kmobiletools (Marco Gulino)
>  + kabclient (Kevin Krammer)
>  + khalki (Friedrich W. H. Kossebau) <- also for KDE 3.5.7
>
> Also, toma, aseigo, and I discussed having mailody in extragear
>
> Anything else?  A separate blogger tool?
>
> And we have removed:
>  + kandy
>  + kmobile
>  + kpilot
>  + ??

Hey Allen,

Where's the replacement for kpilot?  IIRC, it was kitchensync?  But that was
removed from 3.5?  And is it as feature-complete as kpilot?  I know the
decision was made a while ago to not port kpilot to KDE4, but I'm just
wondering if we're collectively shooting ourselves in the foot by offering
less functionality or stability by not doing the port, especially if akonadi
is not going to be replacing the resources that kpilot interfaces with
now....

--
 -[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper
 -[ KDEPIM Developer