[Kde-pim] Venting

Tim Hermann timothy.hermann at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 20:40:17 GMT 2007

I'm actually quite interested in getting started both in design and
bugfixing for korganizer.  Parsing the code takes a while, and most of the
information is quite out of date.  Recently, the bug that got me started was
fixed by a commit by Will Stephenson, addressing (not optimally, but it's a
start, right?) the "could not rename partial resource" race condition caused
between korgac and korganizer.

Once I have some more free time (which I'm guessing won't be until after
midterms), I will get back to attempting to grok the source layout for
korganizer and the KDE design process.  Most tutorials are a bit out of
date, and the korganizer site(s) are all in a bit of chaos.

If there's anything specific you'd like me to throw my effort at, please
message me in the kde devel or pim channels on IRC, or just email me.  My
name in chan is Tawnos, and I'm online enough hours of the day that email
will generally be read within 20-30 mins of it being sent (though response
might be slower).

I would love to help realize this project, or at least some aspects, but, as
with most new design, jumping in is a bit overwhelming at first.

-Tim Hermann