[Kde-pim] KMail and "encrypt to self" issue

Markus Feilner lists at feilner-it.net
Thu Aug 23 11:05:49 BST 2007

Am Donnerstag 23 August 2007 11:24:28 schrieb Alexis Papadopoulos:
> On Thursday 23 August 2007, Markus Feilner wrote:
> > ~$ eval gpg-agent --daemon
> > GPG_AGENT_INFO=/tmp/gpg-vSKdW6/S.gpg-agent:5450:1; export GPG_AGENT_INFO;
> > ~$
> >
> > Seems ok, doesn't it?
>
> Actually no :). You forgot the backquotes there, it's
> eval `gpg-agent --daemon`   (don't forget the `)
>
> If this works correctly, within the same terminal you should have something
> printed when running:
>
> env | grep GPG_AGENT_INFO
>
> Then, you need to run kmail from the SAME terminal (so that it is aware of
> this GPG_AGENT_INFO variable).
>
> Can you please test again ?
>
> Thanks for your feedback :)
> acp

OK, sorry - I should have seen that, stupid.
That was my fault then, this way it worked.

Kmail decrypts the messages encrypted with the new key. Both sending and
receiving works.
Great.
Thank you!
--

Best Regards - Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Markus Feilner

Feilner IT Linux & GIS
Linux Solutions, Training, Seminare und Workshops - auch Inhouse
Koetztingerstr 6c                93057 Regensburg
fon regensburg                  +49 941 8107989
mobil                           +49 170 3027092=20
www: www.feilner-it.net mail: mfeilner at feilner-it.net
My new book - Out now: http://www.packtpub.com/openvpn/book
OPENVPN : Building and Integrating Virtual Private Networks