[Kde-pim] KOrganizer timezones

Bruno Virlet bvirlet at novell.com
Thu Aug 2 10:11:21 BST 2007

Hello,

I currently have something working rather well (considering my tests), even
for recurrences. As I'm not alone to work on these files, I'd like to commit
to avoid conflicts if possible.

Currently you've the ability to choose the timezone for your event. I think I
should also add it to the todo event editor.

I have also seen that there is a viewTimeZone in calendars now, but this is
not obviously easy to use when you need the timezone in an object which
doesn't know about the calendar (iirc agendaitem). So I currently use the
KOPrefs timeSpec.

Is the "shift times" option useful when you change the timezone in the
preferences ?

Will suggested that it could be nice to be able to choose a different one for
both times (for instance when your plane ticket gives you two local times).
This could be nice but is probably harder to implement (eg. what would the
recurrences use ?)

Bruno