[Kde-pim] [kde-ev-marketing] kde-pim 4.0

jos at mijnkamer.nl jos at mijnkamer.nl
Thu Aug 2 22:40:09 BST 2007

On 8/2/07, Markus Feilner <mfeilner at linuxnewmedia.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 06 Juni 2007 16:42:49 schrieb Allen Winter:
> > On Monday 04 June 2007 7:06:42 am you wrote:
> > > Hello Allen,
> > > I am an Editor at the German Linux Magazine and I think the announcement
> > > that kde-pim will be a part of KDE 4 is worth a news for us.
> > > Can you point me to some source of information of the changes (like a
> > > pre-release-notes.txt) or write me some sentences about the major
> > > changes? Will akonadi be ready?
> > > Thanks a lot, I will put your answer to our news section soon after your
> > > reply, if you like!
> > >
> > > :-)
> >
> > Markus,
> >
> > I'm redirecting your request to the KDE marketing team.
> > This team is handles press contacts.
> >
> > -Allen
>

> Hi Allen,
>
> I did not hear anything from your marketing team... :-(

Guys, it seems the kde-pim list knows most about this. So the question is:
- Where can this reporter find some intersting information about the
current status?
I will point him to the road to kde4: kdepim article:
http://dot.kde.org/1182269390/
Any more up-to-date information?
- any other major changes
Beta 1 announcement has a small section on KDE-pim. Maybe you guys
could elaborate on it, probably add to it? I'll point him to
http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.0-beta1.php
- will akonadi be ready?
I thought not, but???

Please help us/me help him...

You don't have to email him (I think the marketing list should take
care of that, so I'll try to be the proxy here. but of course, YOU
know the info, so I need help...)