[Kde-pim] KResourceWCAP doesn't work anymore

Andrea Mueller andrea.mueller at ufz.de
Mon Aug 27 16:26:37 BST 2007

Am Montag, 27. August 2007 15:49:55 schrieb Will Stephenson:
> On Monday 27 August 2007, Andrea Mueller said:
> > >
> > > in

> > > Mixed up versions of kdelibs3 vs kdepim3?  Sounds like you are trying
> > > to run kontact against different versions of the libraries than it was
> > > built using. Are you using the KDE:KDE3 build service packages SUSE
> > > provides? These are all 3.5.7 and as such are consistent with each
> > > other.  If you got that 3.5.6 by compiling your own enterprise branch,
> > > you need to check that everything is consistent on your own.
> > >
> > > Will
> >
> > Version enterprise 20070731.694771 of kdepim3 is the latest in KDE:KDE3.
> > I've installed from KDE:KDE3 and KDE:Backports.
> > When I go back to the latest version from suse-Update (3.5.5) the
> > wcap-connection is ok.
>
> Where does KResourceWCAP come from?  There might be some binary
> incompatibility between what it was built against and 3.5.7 enterprise.
>
> Will

I've got it!

I don't know, where the version came from. I've downloaded different.
I recompiled the version whith the README inside, which contains the following
instruction:

	$ autoreconf
	$ perl admin/am_edit
	$ ./configure --prefix=$(kde-config --prefix)
	$ make && sudo make install

And now it works correctly.

Thanks,
Andrea

--
Helmholtzzentrum für                       Andrea Mueller
Umweltforschung - UFZ                      WKDV