[Kde-pim] KMail: discussion on mechanism of Identity selection when composing

Alexis Papadopoulos iacp at free.fr
Fri Aug 24 15:01:48 BST 2007

On Friday 24 August 2007, Alexis Papadopoulos wrote:
> _ When I hit "compose new mail", the identity is always to set
> to the default one. While this seems natural enough, I tend (and this is
> just a personal opinion !) to think that the Thunderbird way is more
> appropriate. It basically sets the identity to the currently viewed account
> in the folder list. (If say I have a receiving account named "RecvAcct1"
> with mail address, me at recvacct1.net), and I'm viewing the INBOX of this
> account, hitting new mail will set the identity to the one related to
> me at recvacct1.net. OK, that's not very clear, but hopefully you understood
> me.

I just realized while looking for something else in the code, that there is a
way to attach an identity to a folder, which somehow allows to have the same
behaviour as described above.

Although applying this to all folders within a receiving account is not very
efficient, so the proposition of "linking" a receiving account to an identity
remains...

acp